Due to recent developments within the organisation, particularly demand by some members who have travelled back to their home countries, the African Professionals of Australia Limited Executive Management Board is proposing that the organisation should consider setting up Chapters overseas particularly in some African countries. For instance, some returning Australians of African descent have been requesting for assistance in areas such as mentorship, business start-up, and career development.
This decision might require a change in the current constitution and the management structure of the African Professionals of Australia Limited. APA has been liaising with a law firm in NSW to assist in this proceeding.
Benefits of Setting up APA Chapters in African Countries:
- It will create a soft-landing platform for APA diaspora members returning from Australia to their home country through the networks created by being a member of APA in Australia.
- It will be a potential source for skilled personnel recruitment for Australian companies working in Africa.
- It will provide ability to encourage investment opportunities between the Australia and Africa.
- It will assist to promote selfless leadership qualities in Africa especially among the youths.
- It will make a positive impact in Africa through cross education, advising on various aspects of community development, empowerment strategies and scholarships.
- It will assist in raising funds (private equity fund or venture capital) in Australia to support SME in Africa- e.g. IT, manufacturing, Farming etc.
- Students in secondary schools, polytechnics and universities can be mentored online by successful APA professionals living and working in Australia
- ONLY current financial (2017/18) APA members are eligible to vote as per section 19.2 of The Constitution.
- Completed the form below before close of business on 15th April 2018.